Self care for Teachers – Ways for you to self-care and help your students build their resilience and improve their wellbeing – Social and Emotional Learning
Teachers have to deal with a lot and some students are overly anxious and not focused.
You already have ways of settling and motivating your students.
The MtM program gives you more proven methods that your students (and you) can use when needed.
The program guides your students through the following:
- Understand what stress is and how it affects them
- Learn methods to help them be less stressed
- Know their values
- Be intentional
- Be grateful
- Become more mindful and use various strategies that help them best
- Learn to pause, so they can respond and not react
- Become better listeners and communicators
- Become more empathic and compassionate to themselves and towards others and learn forgiveness.
- Learn to Focus so they can get in touch with their own implicit wisdom and therefore find their own way forward
- Become more aware of how they walk in the world – what they do, think, feel, believe and the sense they make of all that.
This will enable them to:
- Soothe themselves in times of trouble.
- Show themselves self-compassion and others empathy and compassion too
- Listen and communicate more effectively.
- Open their vision to ‘the more’, which includes the good things even when things are tough
- Use the mindfulness and focusing methods that help them the best
- Gain insight and decide to whether and how to change in some way.
- Connect better with others to get a sense of belonging and be more able to build strong quality relationships.
If you are interested there is a summary of the workbook worksheets in the resources section of this website.
This will lead to more resilient students and enhance both teaching and learning in your classroom.
- Delivered as 2 x 4 hour PD days or a 7 hour PD Day
- Learn some strategies to use in the classroom or for you own ‘self-care’
- Participate in a 10 week teachers’ group to practice and get a real feel for the methods
Scripts and audios are available to purchase and use after the program
- The teachers can do a 4-hour or 2 x 4 hour or 1 x 7 hour professional development day to learn some of the strategies to use for self-care or in the classroom
- A 10-week teachers’ group will meet to practice the strategies to really get a feel for them, how and when they work best and how to lead their classes. Scripts and audios are also available. The scripts are free. The audios can be purchased.