PRESENCE and PAUSING - 2 powerful ways to be, that will improve your relationships. Presence and Pausing. Being present … Read More
Sign up for a free eBook on our program
MORE than MINDFULNESS PROGRAMS
MORE than MINDFULNESS creates a less anxious and more compassionate, present, responsive and resilient student and whole school community.
In the MtM program students experience how to pause, listen, reflect, focus, be kind and mindful, value based, intentional and grateful.
Student resilience and wellbeing is enhanced.
Students learn to
Soothe themselves when bothered & open their vision to what is good too.
Listen and communicate better & show compassion to themselves & others.
Use the mindfulness and focusing methods that help them best.
Gain insight to help them grow and change
After the program is taught, teachers and students can continue with the practices that they find most helpful.
Some practices learned can be used by the teacher for their own ‘self-care”.
MtM is designed to give choice and variety. It fosters quality relationships and a sense of belonging because everyone is growing their compassion and connecting with each another.
Why do MtM?
MORE than MINDFULNESS is unique. It includes lots of useful “self care” methods, which are MORE than just MINDFULNESS.
At the heart of the program is a simple, effective, natural process called Focusing.
Focusing is a MORE than MINDFULNESS way of being. Once students know Focusing (and other MtM methods) they will be able to settle themselves.
Sign up for a free eBook on our program
Hello, hello, welcome and thanks for dropping in.
I am Leonie Stewart. I am a teacher, coach, counselor, Focusing trainer, mindfulness teacher and mother.
Life is not always plain sailing and sometimes we need a safe harbour and a way to anchor ourselves. This is what I offer my clients. (http://www.hopeandpossibility.com.au)
I want to give young people methods too. That is why, I have written a series of programs for schools called “MORE than MINDFULNESS”.
The MORE than MINDFULNESS (MtM) program draws on my experience and my desire to purposefully teach young people an array of “life skills” so they can better face life’s challenges and also savor life’s joys too.
I want to give them methods and skills that will help them build their inner resources and resilience and their ability to care for themselves and others.
This will enable them to create their own safe harbour and increase their well being. Click here for qualifications
NDIS provider - Therapeutic Supports - Counsellor
Workers Compensation counsellor
FREE 1 – Hour Introductory Talk
1 Hour Intro
Or do my 3-hour workshop. It is engaging, interactive and focused on the students, athletes and teachers themselves. This can also be done at retreats.
- Quick and easy mindfulness practices
- A body scan
- A method called “clearing a space”
- A way of “getting bigger than what is bothering you”
Complete MtM Program for Schools
10 Week Course
- Taught in all classrooms for 1 term (10 weeks x 50 mins)
- An extra 10 to 20 weeks to embed the practices, especially focusing and mindfulness, so they can be used forever.
- Teachers PD, to understand what underpins the MtM program and learn the methods. Parents can learn too.
- Do a survey at beginning and end of MtM to collect evidence on the efficacy of the program.
Teachers’ Professional Development
8 Hour Course
- Delivered as 2 x 4 hour PD days or a 7 hour PD Day
- Learn some strategies to use in the classroom or for you own ‘self-care’
- Participate in a 10 week teachers’ group to practice and get a real feel for the methods
- Scripts and audios are available to purchase and use after the program
For Sports Teams and Athletes
3 Hour Workshop
- Can be delivered as a 3 hour experiential workshop where they will walk away with ways to settle themselves and get back into “the zone”
- Can also be delivered as 6 to 10 half hour sessions at times to suit your training schedule.
- Help your athletes reach peak performance by adding some proven practical methods to their skill set.
I like that I can focus on what I'm feeling on the inside and we have a special amount of time to connect and understand what's on the inside. I also like that can private and only you have to know what's going on because sometimes not every body needs to know. I like focusing because it helps calm me and gives me a chance to relax and think about what's happening and how to deal with it.
Focusing helps you clear your mind and soul and just relax. When you focus, you leave the outside world and retreat through your skin and bone, and get to a secret place only you know about
What I like about focusing is that I can block the bad thing that's inside me and make it a happy feeling. I also like doing it because it helps me when I'm stressed
Focusing allows me time to try and make the feeling [ if it's a bad feeling ]ease a bit. And when I'm really connected it can tell me how it wants me to be with it, which is good for me.
I really loved more than mindfulness because it helped me to realise that there are ways to calm yourself and take care of your worries. I think it was fun learning new skills to make me fill happy and not stressed. MTM has been very helpful and enjoyable.
More than Mindfulness has taught me how to settle myself through relaxation and meditation.It taught me how to relax in stressful situations and gave me ways to settle myself. Mindfulness has helped me a lot because it is relaxing and it helps me feel less worried.